Monday, August 24, 2009

Another update

First and foremost, I want to say that I suck at writing in my journal so why should blogging be any different right? I can call it a good month if there are 2 journal entries with the same number written at the top. Z just turned 2 today. We had her birthday party on Saturday and it was so fun. It was a puppy themed birthday party. The kids got to get their faces painted like a puppy or kitty, make puppy or kitty ears, and decorate dog bone shaped sugar cookies with Coco puffs since they look like dog food. They also got to play "go fetch". Kind of like that go fish game you play and you throw the line over the sheet and get a prize, but this game the kids threw the ball into the cardboard doggie house (that Joe made) and had to go get the ball and got their bag of goodies. Another game we played was Puppy Puppy kitty aka duck duck goose. That was a lot of fun. It was especially fun to watch Joe's nephew sprint across the circle after getting tagged by his older sister and tackle her to the ground. (He is 3 and she is 5) it was hilarious!

Joe has started school again and is in the ARMY ROTC and trying to get in with the national guard. He is doing so well on his PFT test and did so great on his ASVAB! He got a 94% on the ASVAB test and now runs a 15 minute 2 mile run. It will be nice to have us both on the same schedule for once!

I am almost done with school. I am just counting the hours until i'm done. I want to work a little bit for a dentist if at all possible, but not sure if anyone will hire a short term hire because who knows where we are going to be in 18 months or so. I am also trying to loose a lot of weight. I really want to be down to my pre pregnancy weight by the end of the year or atleast by the beginning of next year. I am planning on being a stay at home mom for a while after i'm done with school just so that I don't have to take Z to day care. Yep that is a different story for a different day... I don't like the day care she is at right now and I will hopefully be able to put her in a place that is more pre school oriented.

1 comment:

erin said...

15 minutes 2 mile run?! HOLY SHIZ!!